If you are interested in reuse and recycling, or volunteering there are a variety of organisations in UK that can point you in the right direction. Similarly, there are a number of government and trade bodies which can provide information relating to these topics and to paint. Simply click on the revelant heading below for a selection of useful links.
www.crn.org.uk - The Community Recycling Network offers support and advice on setting up community recycling schemes.
- The Furniture Reuse Network is the co-ordinating body for furniture recycling projects who collect a wide range of household items to pass onto people in need.
- Freecycle is an online organisation that matches people who have things they no longer want with people who can use them.
- Association of Chief Executives of Voluntary Organisations (ACEVO)
- The National Association of Voluntary and Community Action (NAVCA)
- CRASH is the construction and property industry charity for the homeless.
- New Start Highland is a charity established to provide practical help to homeless people who are moving into their own home.
- The Graffiti Life Company, a collective of multi-disciplinary, professional graffiti artists who create interior and external murals and offer workshops.
- The Conservation Foundation and O2 have launched a new award scheme "It's Your Community" to help provide funding for projects designed to improve local environments throughout the UK.
- Biffaward is a multi million pound environment fund managed by Royal Society of Wildlife Trusts.
- EcoFinancing was formed to offer a unique reference point on eco grants, funds & savings.
www.dulux.co.uk - ICI Dulux has supported and sponsored Community RePaint since the project began in 1993
www.farrow-ball.com - Farrow and Ball paints
www.crownpaint.co.uk - Crown paints
- The British Coatings Federation (BCF) is a body which represents the decorative coatings manufacturers within the UK. It is responsible for formulating policies and working practices for the whole industry to follow and for introducing common standards for implementation across the UK.
- The National Household Hazardous Waste Forum, managed by Resource Futures.